Parent Resources

Student Registration and Parent Forms

RETURNING STUDENTS REGISTRATION (If you need assistance please contact your child's school.)

All students must register yearly using the returning student registration link.
Each time a student enters a school for the first time, or each time he/she changes his/her address, new proofs of residence are required.

NEW STUDENTS REGISTRATION:  (If you need assistance please contact your child's school.)

Students new to the Escambia County Schools must present to the school at the time of enrollment, the following documents:
    Parent/Guardian photo ID
    Student’s Social Security Card
    Student’s Certified Birth Certificate
    Certificate of Immunization (Only Alabama issued immunization)
    Two proofs of residence
    Local school documents

Minimum Age at Which a Child May Enter School

A child who is five (5) years of age on or before September 1 or the date on which school begins in the enrolling district shall be entitled to admission to kindergarten in the public elementary schools at the opening of such schools for that school year or as soon as practicable thereafter.

A child who is entering the first grade must be six (6) years of age on or before December 31, or that an underage child who transfers from the first grade of a school in another state may be admitted to school upon approval of the board of education in authority, and an underage child who has moved into this state having completed or graduated from a mandated kindergarten program in another state shall be entitled to admission to the public elementary schools regardless of age.

Out-of-District/Zone Request Information

Parents or legal guardians who reside outside the specific attendance zones of the Escambia County (AL) School System schools and who wish to enroll their child in an Escambia County, AL public school must complete an online Out-of-District Form or Zone Variance Form.

Directions on which form to complete…

Please complete the Out Of District form if you request your child to attend a school in Escambia County, AL, public schools and you live outside of Escambia County or if you live in Brewton City School district.  All others who reside within Escambia County, AL, should complete the Out-of-Zone request form.  

Once a request is approved or denied by a school principal, you will receive an email with the result of the request (please know that some requests may take time during the summer as administrators need time to check registration numbers before making decisions for out-of-zone/district requests). 

Please remember that approved requests are good for one calendar school year.  Requests should be made each year, even if approved the previous year.  Please combine requests for siblings within the same school (ex: two or more within Flomaton High) .  Separate requests must be made for siblings who attend different schools within the same feeder pattern (ex: one at Flomaton Elementary and one at Flomaton High).  The approval or denial relies solely with the Assistant Superintendent of Student Services based on a recommendation from the school principal.